Depop’s purpose is to empower creative minds. We’re creating the world's most innovative platform, and we’re putting it into the hands of the unfollowers. We’re the place for our community to discover, connect with and inspire one another and where creative minds can become entrepreneurs. We’re a community of over 8 million and we’re growing our team of 85 headquartered in London, with spaces in Milan, NYC and LA.
To support us on our journey we’re now on the hunt for a Scala Engineer.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, front-end developers and other backend developers
- Produce code which is well-structured and simple to understand
- Embrace agile methodologies
- Collaborate with fellow developer to product high quality code
- Scala experience (or similar language)
- Experience building performant, scalable apps for serving RESTful content or processing/ingesting data
- Experience with play framework, rabbitMQ, cassandra, RDBMS
- Contribution to open-source libraries
- Tech blog posts
- Degree level knowledge of Computer Science or related technical field
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more, the regular snacks and drinks, parties and team nights out, yoga, meditation, UK pension scheme, beer and wine in the fridge (or sparkling water and celery if that's more your thing), special stuff on birthdays and life events and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.