Depop’s purpose is to empower creative minds. We’re creating the world's most innovative platform, and we’re putting it into the hands of the unfollowers. We’re the place for our community to discover, connect with and inspire one another and where creative minds can become entrepreneurs. We’re a community of over 8 million and we’re growing our team of 85 headquartered in London, with spaces in Milan, NYC and LA.
To help us on our journey we are looking for a special someone to be a big part of the team building the backbone of our app. With millions of users, and only a relatively small engineering team, Depop is a fantastic place for engineers who love to solve interesting problems that come with high growth.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, front-end developers and other backend developers
- Produce code which is well-structured and simple to understand
- Embrace agile methodologies
- Collaborate with fellow developers to product high quality code
- Demonstrable experience writing high quality code in Scala or Java (or a comparable language)
- Experience building and running modern REST-based, service-oriented, distributed architectures. Ideally at scale
- BS in CS, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with at least one major RDBMS (ideally Postgres)
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more, the regular snacks and drinks, parties and team nights out, yoga, meditation, UK pension scheme, beer and wine in the fridge (or sparkling water and celery if that's more your thing), special stuff on birthdays and life events and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.