Depop is the shopping community where the world’s creatives come to buy, sell, discover and explore the most inspiring and unique items. We’re on a mission to build our platform into one of the most vibrant, inspiring and creative communities in the world.
Our HQ is based in London and we have spaces in Milan, NYC and LA. As our community continues to grow, we’re on the hunt for an iOS engineer eager to produce the most evocative buying and selling experience.
- Craft the best user experience for buying and selling, including easy payment method, and real-time chat ability.
- Work closely with designers and product managers to develop the best experience possible for our users.
- Propose new technologies when they would advance the platform.
- Invest time in remaining current with iOS engineering developments.
- Maintain a healthy curiosity toward other apps on the App Store. Inspiration is good!
- Optimise the performance of the app.
- Ensure our localization effort supports introduction to new countries.
- Be passionate about making Depop the most fun way to buy and sell.
- Inventive mind with a healthy sprinkling of BSc and PhD in CS, Maths, or Physics.
- 3+ years of Objective-C and Xcode experience, with real exposure to iOS 6 through to iOS 9.
- Experience using Swift in a production iOS app.
- Have had responsibility for shipping at least one well regarded iOS application.
- Strong experience in consuming a RESTful API.
- Experience producing apps featuring a fast, consistent, and non-blocking user experience.
- Able to exercise great judgement on when to craft your own frameworks, as opposed to employing those from the community.
- Experience automating testing of an iOS app and automating the build and release process for iOS apps.
- Image manipulation, with special consideration toward image filtering through OpenGL
- HTML/CSS comfort (should we have a need to go beyond native UI)