Head of Community Development
Depop is the most fun way to buy and sell straight from your pocket. It’s social, it’s unique, and it’s growing. We have an international team of 80 with our HQ in London, and small Community Development teams in NYC, Milan and LA.
We’ve spent years focusing on community as an integral part of our growth strategy, not following the traditional route of start-up growth. Where has it got us? From zero to over 7 million users in just a few years with little marketing investment in standard channels. Our community love Depop and are our biggest promoters, and we want to invest in our ability to continue to encourage this organic growth and take the best care of our community possible.
The Head of Community Development will be the internal champion for our sellers and ambassadors, managing an international team of Community Development Managers and able to set strategic direction and develop tactical initiatives to ensure Depop nurtures, engages and grows our sellers and ambassadors for the years to come.
- Leading the team of devoted Depop Community Development Managers, providing guidance, support and development for them as you grow the impact of the function
- Becoming the no. 1 champion of our community (i.e. sellers and ambassadors) with deep understanding of their needs
- Setting and delivering against growth targets in collaboration with other teams, while contributing to improving Depop unit economics
- Defining strategies to grow the number of Depop’s Top and Mid-tier sellers and to improve their satisfaction and performance with Depop
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and improving Top and Mid-tier seller incentive scheme and other initiatives to enable top sellers to continue growing with Depop
- Continuously work on initiatives towards the next level of seller experience
- Monitor and analyse key seller success metrics and seller satisfaction and implement initiatives to improve them
- Continuously help improve processes and ways of communications with the Top and Mid-tier sellers with the aim of reaching a fully scalable solution
- Oversee and advise on the Community Leader Programme (ambassadors)
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering team and help create business cases around concrete features/improvements (e.g. seller tools)
- Ensure full alignment with the US Community Development (matrix reporting
Experience and Skills
- Significant experience in a tech start-up environment or a top consulting company
- Ideally experienced in leading-edge tools to improve seller optimisation and conversion and preferably experience of scaling a mobile app business
- Ideally deep understanding of dynamics and complexities of marketplaces, particularly with the supply side of the market
- Strong understanding of current growth and marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Strong project management skills with focus on diligent analysis and timely delivery
- Strong people leader, able to structure, set and deliver on targets
- Being able to navigate among and collaborate across different teams, especially with product management to advocate for community focused product improvements
- Biased towards action, proactively creating ideas and engineering solutions, while able to work collaboratively within a driven and creative leadership team
- Strong analytical skills and commercial sense
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more, apple discount, snacks and drinks, parties, yoga, meditation, UK pension scheme coming soon, beer fridge (or sparkling water and celery if that's more your thing) weekly breakfasts, special stuff on birthdays and life events and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we deeply care about.