Web Frontend Engineer
Depop is the most fun way to buy and sell straight from your pocket. It’s social, it’s unique, and it’s growing. We have an international team of 85 with our HQ in London, and teams in New York and Milan. We are looking for developers to help us with the Depop website and our internal tools. You will be working with cutting-edge front-end technologies to build features that delight our users and make other developers take note.
Depop is a fantastic place for engineers who love to solve interesting problems that come with the high growth we've continually seen. We love to welcome new people into the team and look forward to meeting people who take pride in doing a great job. At Depop you'd be a big part of helping us create a huge social marketplace and, of course, have a lot of fun along the way.
- Working with the product team to design and build engaging features for the Depop website and our internal tools.
- Adopting workflows and selecting technologies that allow for frequent delivery of requirements with a high degree of reliability.
- Being involved in a project from its original conception through delivery and ultimately to measuring its success.
- Continuously investigate ways of keeping website file sizes down, and performance high.
- Be aware of internationalisation, localisation, and accessibility concerns.
- Champion the web as a platform, and understand its unique benefits and limitations.
- Ensuring website code is well-structured and easily testable.
- Commercial web development experience, or equivalent demonstrable skills.
- Knowledge of front-end web development frameworks.
- Knowledge of API design (REST/RPC etc), and experience with using them client-side applications.
Desirable specific skills
- React, Redux, GraphQL, Relay and Node.
- HTML5, structured data (e.g. schema.org), accessibility.
- PostCSS, CSS Modules, BEM.
- Experience working on internationalised (translatable) websites.
- Competitive salary with share options
- 25 days paid holidays
- Apple discount
- Be part of our “rocketship” where you will make a difference and your voice will be heard
- Fully stocked snack cupboard, drinks fridge and fresh fruit.
- Overload on healthy and sugary treats on Wonderful Wednesday.
- Will support you with the tools you need to do your Job” i.e. If you need a weird keyboard or a new mouse, then we’ll get it
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.