Senior Web Frontend Engineer
Depop’s purpose is to empower creative minds. We’re creating the world's most innovative platform, and we’re putting it into the hands of the unfollowers. We’re the place for our community to discover, connect with and inspire one another and where creative minds can become entrepreneurs. We’re a community of over 8 million and we’re growing our team of 85 headquartered in London, with spaces in Milan, NYC and LA.
To help us on our way we are looking for a Senior Web Frontend Engineer.
- Working with the product team to design and build engaging features for the Depop website and our internal tools.
- Adopting workflows and selecting technologies that allow for frequent delivery of requirements with a high degree of reliability.
- Being involved in a project from its original conception through delivery and ultimately to measuring its success.
- Continuously investigate ways of keeping website file sizes down, and performance high.
- Be aware of internationalisation, localisation, and accessibility concerns.
- Champion the web as a platform, and understand its unique benefits and limitations.
- Ensuring website code is well-structured and easily testable.
- Commercial web development experience, or equivalent demonstrable skills.
- Knowledge of front-end web development frameworks.
- Knowledge of API design (REST/RPC etc), and experience with using them client-side applications.
- React, Redux, GraphQL, Relay and Node.
- HTML5, structured data (e.g. schema.org), accessibility.
- PostCSS, CSS Modules, BEM.
- Experience working on internationalised (translatable) websites.
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more, the regular snacks and drinks, parties and team nights out, yoga, meditation, UK pension scheme, beer and wine in the fridge (or sparkling water and celery if that's more your thing), special stuff on birthdays and life events and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.