Marketing Manager US
Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager in our New York team, to drive the planning and execution of campaigns (both digital and in person), events and pop ups to expand Depop’s presence across the US.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing, US and will be instrumental in planning, prioritizing, researching, budgeting and measuring brand awareness and setting KPIs for all marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to and support the US marketing calendar to reach desired objectives
- Leverage data to decide on the types of engagements to increase brand awareness, new sign-ups, sales and/or community engagement
- Conceptualize and plan marketing engagements, taking 360० view, combining in person and digital channels
- Contribute to a pipeline of potential brand collaborations, and manage the strategy and execution of brand collaborations campaigns and longer term partnerships
- Manage full life-cycle of campaigns and initiatives, including facilitating production of assets (liaising with the Studio team) as well as supporting on execution of events, pop ups, exhibits, takeovers etc.
- Identifying relevant distribution channels and accurately predict the outcome of each
- Build/maintain key reports for progress and dashboards to understand the impact of the campaigns vs. planned objectives.
- Excellent organization skills in managing projects and budgets
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed person with hunger to grow
- Excellent communicator, mindful of deadlines, details and global/local relevance of campaign distribution
- Marketing mindset, with an understanding of what drives the desired outcome while furthering the core brand values
- Act as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- Core knowledge of excel / word / ppt, strong in the analytical side of marketing activities
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player
- 5+ years’ relevant working experience with project management and brand collaborations
- Previous work experience for a retail brand and/or consumer tech startup
- Understanding of ‘new’ forms of marketing (social media, influencer marketing, user generated content distribution etc.)
- Ability to work as part of a growing entrepreneurial team and take the lead on projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business/commercial mindset and structured thinking
- Experience working with small teams and big activation projects
We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and social team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, US healthcare options, healthy snacks in the kitchen, team nights out and more.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.